Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Iron Warriors: Contemptor, Love these Cannons.

Hey up guys I've only gone and done it...gone and bought my first Contemptor Dreadnought and it's an awesome bit of kit, Can't tell you why it took me so long to buy one of these beauties but I think I'm spoilt now as I don't think I'll be going back to the old 40k Dread any time soon, It's that good!.


The kit is so poseable to the point that I found it a little daunting at first, I tried to make the model look as natural as I could and think I've done quite a good job of it.

I've opted for Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons all be it with a little twist with the weapons, For the conversion I used Punisher Cannons from Forge World instead of the standard barrels that came with the kit and think they look the business.


I magnetized both arms with 4 by 2 mm magnets in case I want to change the weapons at any point, Also bought these twin-linked Autocannons for longer range shenanigans.

Plan is to build and paint three of these, all magnetized with a selection of different weapon arms.


4 comments:

  1. I really like the look of the punisher cannons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cannons look really nifty. Good conversion!
    Hmm, I thought about magnetising my Contemptor, especially the weapons, but the pose I wanted to make was too complex, and the model would be too filmsy with all the joints magnetised. In favour of having a dynamic pose, at least I now have an excuse to purchase a second Contemptor and make it shooty.
    http://guardiansotc.blogspot.nl/2015/09/iron-warriors-running-contemptor.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i think it really depends on the pose and like you say Revan88 you can always buy more.

      Interested to see what weapon load out you opt for with your second Dread.

      Delete