Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Project Dreadnought pt2.

Part Two....

Hi Guys well here's part two of this little thing Im doing right now, I'll be slapping some paint on in this part so lets get on with the fun.

I started the legs by spraying them with GW's Black spray paint, I then drybrushed the legs  with Leadbelcher, once dry I gave them a wash using a 50/50 mix of Nuln Oil and Earthshade I think this gives a slightly dirty worn look to the metal, I then once again drybrushed with Leadbelcher and on the extream edges with Runefang steel.

When dry I washed the pneumatic ankle system and cable tubes with Earthshade.
To get my base coat down Im using Army Painters Daemonic Yellow right now, BE WARNED I've found this product can be very temperamental.

Once dry I washed the leg plates twice with Serapihim Sepia making sure not to leave any tide marks, I then drybrushed with Yriel Yellow and Flash Gitz Yellow with a final edge highlight of the Flash Gitz.
Then using 3M's Ultra Fine (grey) Scotchbrite I worked Rhinox Hide around the edges and up the leg plate as I saw fit.
I then did the same using Leadbelcher.

I find the Scotchbrite to be a better product than sponge for this technique.
 Before I applied the Scythes Transfer I gave the area a coat of ardcoat, this helps to make the Transfer stick better and also hides the unsightly marks around the edges of the Transfer.

I then coated the area with Lahmian Medium to matt the finish back down.

Legs done, note the areas where I've used blu tac on the model, plastic to plastic contact when glueing!.

No comments:

Post a Comment