Sunday, May 21, 2017

SHOWCASE: Iron Warriors Volkite support squad.

Hi guys
At long last I have something to show for my 2017 painting efforts, Well it took a while to get going but I seem to be on a roll now.......well for me at least.


Loving the Volkite Caliver squad with their pre-heresy feel, I was thinking of adding some sort of glow to the Calivers like that you would find on Plasma weapons but in the end I just liked the look of them how they were, I did however add a little purple wash to the end of the guns to show some heat burn which I think looks quite effective.

 


A few random shots of the squad members, Very happy with how the hazard stripes turned out.

Well that's it for now just waiting for next Saturday at Warhammer Fest so I can buy another IW's transfer sheet to finish off my 15 strong tactical squad ...yeah that's right guys they are done, Another Showcase coming soon.

Happy painting. 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely squad mate, really like the look of Volkite weapons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Siph I'm happy with them and glad i didn't put any glow on them now.

      Delete
  2. So impressive! I love the eyes! How did you get them like that? I also enjoy that you didn't do the glow effect, it almost ruins it. Truly an amazing job and a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Poops,

      The eye lenses are basecoat Mephiston Red then Wild rider red with a tiny bit Troll slayer orange to finish all with a Bloodletter glaze, was thinking of adding a small dot of white like GW do but left it, Kind of like them as they are.

      Delete
  3. Really nice old skool look to these guys

    ReplyDelete