Oh dear indeed guys this airbrush stuff isn't as easy as you think......well I knew it wouldn't be I'm old enough to understand that you can't just pick something up and be an expert right away.
Anyhow fellas I thought I would post up a few pic's of my first attempt at pre-shading, I'm not 100% sure I'll opt for pre-shading when it comes to painting up vehicles but wanted to give it a blast.
This is an old Rhino that I had bought over a year ago and totally wrecked the front of it with a tin of Army Painters daemonic yellow a product I might add that needs a post all of its own but needless to say I'm glad those rattle can days are behind me.
So then on to the horror show........
As you can see my technique and expertise need attention, I basecoated one side of this test piece with vallejo white primer which went on very smooth (alot better than GW's white primer can) and then attempted the undershading with vallejo burnt umber, I'll be honest I found it difficult to precisely aim the spray and in parts I sprayed to much resulting in little tide marks forming (see above pic near exhaust vent), also I think my psi was too high at 30 as I noticed the odd paint splatter fly from the brush nozzle.
The next stage was a top coat of GW's yriel yellow which again went on really smooth, two things I've noticed here are although the pre-shade went on in a frankly haphazard way the top coat to a large extent has covered it up which makes me think that if I take a little more care and with a bit more experience this technique should look fine, the second thing I noticed was that the shaded area had a strange green tone to it and I'm not really sure why.
Anyway I've ordered a couple more Vallejo primers ( IDF Sand & Desert Sand) because I think the yellow is a little too bright when sprayed over white, so more tests to come folks and hopefully some better results.